Monday, July 24, 2006

Oh! 花火 v.2!

Last night my friends Satsuki and Clinton and I went to watch the amazing fireworks on the Tama River not too far from where I live. They were totally spectacular! I was saying last night how much hype the fireworks in Sydney at New Years gets, and I am starting to wonder why. I think the fact that they shoot off the bridge, and also how amzing the harbour looks, certainly get them a lot of play BUT the fireworks I saw last night were sooo much more firey. Apparently the Tama River hanabi isn't the best in Tokyo, that is next week in Asakusa (home of the golden turd), and hopefully I will get to those as well. The hanabi last night was great, so many people, so much good food, so many carnival-folk flogging their suspicious foods, and close to 2 hours of non-stop fireworks. Hanabilicious!

On the way at the station. Oooh.

Satsuki-chan and Kurinton-kun in their yukatas. Jealous.




J-carnies. Small hands, smell like sushi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home